Thursday, July 19, 2018

Letting Go of I Can't

It would seem that I have a pesky habit of not keeping up with this blog for 18 months or so after the birth of each of my kids. But here we go again. 

The past 2 years has been a whirlwind that included completing grad school, completing our family with the addition of our sweet baby girl, getting my first job as a school counselor and finishing up a whirlwind of the first year in the counseling office at my new campus. It has been a tremendous time of growth for us as parents and professionally. In the midst of so many wonderful things though, came a lot of growing pains and challenges and less time to focus on running and healthy eating.  While I’ve been pretty consistent with exercise, spending more time sitting at work coupled with the stresses of new baby and adjusting to a new job on a new campus, left me with plenty of excuses to not get myself back into gear eating wise since baby #2. 

But it’s time to let go of “I can’t”.  I can’t make time to meal plan. I can’t run as fast as I used to. I can’t lose weight. So my next challenge I’m giving myself is to commit to Whole 30 starting tomorrow, Friday July 20. I’m planning on sharing some of my experience for the next 30 days here keep records of my experience and I hope that by putting it out there that I’m doing it will give me some accountability and give me a resource to look back on as I try to get reset and back on track as I gear up for the next school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment