Sunday, February 26, 2012

Adios February!

To be blunt-- February has sucked! I have been completely distracted with my schedule at work and as a result, I haven't been able to fully commit to my training schedule the past couple of weeks. In the midst of the chaos though, I have managed to squeeze in my long runs on the weekend. I am slowly but surely still moving closer towards my goal to complete a marathon on April 15.

Today I completed a 16 mile run. It took 2 hours and 40 minutes. It was hard.  My muscles are sore. But despite the challenges, I am very proud of my accomplishment. I have been able to get to a place while I'm running that I can completely relax and just run. I wasn't really sure that I could ever get to a place mentally where I could disconnect from all the other distractions in life and just be in a moment, but running provides that time for me. When I first started this journey, I was constantly distracted. I needed to change the music; I focused on every muscle twinge; temperature; and mostly my own self doubt about my ability to be "a runner".

In the midst of my distractions this month, I have missed the part of running that let me blow of steam and shake off the stress from the day and think about something other than my To-Do List. Especially the last couple of weeks, running has become something on my To-Do List rather than the escape it had come to be. I am hoping that now that some major events got checked off my list this weekend, I will start to look forward to that time at the beginning or end of the school day as a time of release rather than an obligation.

So I will start March with a fresh perspective and new energy. Here are some of the things I'm excited about in March
1)  My little brother is getting married!
2) Day Light Savings Time Ending--- Longer Days= more time for get outside and off the treadmill!
3) Spring Break
4) Capital of Texas 10K with Allison
5)  Running 20 miles--- this is both exciting and scary-- but it is the longest run prior to marathon! (and I'm only under this by 4 miles right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment