Sunday, February 5, 2012

Double Digit Weekends

Tired and hungry are two sensations that are beginning to become permanent fixtures in my life. From now until the weekend before the marathon I'll be covering anywhere from 10-20 miles on my weekend runs. Part of me is really proud of myself for going on this journey... the other part of me is thinking that I may have gone off the deep end!

I don't really have too much to report or any excellent insight to give into my running this week. I took a few days off after the half last week and got back on schedule by Wednesday.Yesterday we went to Houston for the "Energy for Life" walk for my sweet nephew Trace. The walk benefits and promotes mitochondrial disease research and awareness, a disease which Trace has been diagnosed with now for a couple of years.  I love getting to spend time with Trace; he reminds me to be appreciative of all the blessings in my life, that joy is possible in any situation, and that energy comes in more than one medium!

I'll leave you with a little runners humor that I discovered on RunnersWorld.com-- I may have to print out a couple of these!





No comments:

Post a Comment