Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Get in the Arena!


So if you read my last post, you know that I 've started a new journey as a Beachbody coach. I'm starting to wade through everything that means and figuring out how to communicate with people the absolute breath of fresh air this program was for me.  One of the things that we are encouraged to do as coaches is to spend time in personal development each day-- pursuing our business, but mostly building our strengths so that we can help others.

In my search for something to feed my soul, I came across a TED talk by Dr. Brene Brown-- a sassy Texan who researches shame and vulnerability.  I was so enchanted with the TED talk (http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en) and her quantifiable approach to such a fluid topic, that I immediately ordered her book, Daring Greatly and am working my way through it.

I have always been an introvert to the core and am content with small circles of close friends-- it feels safe and comfortable to me. But I think what this book  and my experience with Beachbody is helping me develop in myself is a passion for others and pulling me outside of the small comfortable circle I have created for myself. I mean honestly, introvert or not, you don't survive 8 years in the classroom without loving and wanting to help people. So I'm excited by this new venture-- but the excited where I feel vulnerable too-- what if I fail to reach my goals, what if I'm not great at this, etc. But what I'm learning from participating in the challenge groups and sharing my story with other challengers and by allowing myself to be vulnerable is that life is more full.  Dr. Brown put it beautifully in her talk--- "Vulnerability is not weakness. Vulnerability is courage."

So I'm going forward in this journey courageous-- not to say that there won't be failure or disappointment, but I won't let those things define the path- they'll be bumps in the road, but not the end of the road. I'll be the man in the arena and not the critic in the stands.

Do you want to know more about Challenge groups? Do you want to get in the arena? I'd love to talk more with you about goals, challenges, and how we can do life together! Click below to tell me more and I'll be in contact to share more with you.
Get in the Arena with Evie Form-- CLICK HERE

1 comment: