Sunday, January 29, 2012

Like a Boss...


Chilly at the starting line
I ran my second 1/2 marathon today in Austin.  I mentioned on a previous post that my goal for this race was 1:59:59 and I am proud to report that I am now officially a sub 2 hour half marathoner. I finished today in 1:52:32 @ 8:47/mile. 

A few negatives: cold start, wish I'd eaten more that morning or maybe the night before so that I could have had a little more get up and go for the last 3 miles; uphill in the last half mile

Lots of positives: did ya see the time?!?!?!; Got to run a few miles with my cousin; Cory managed to find me three times on the course instead of the two we planned on; enjoying a blue cheese burger afterwards with ZERO guilt (this is always an excellent perk if you're trying to decide on whether or not you'd like to become a runner); only walked through a few aide stations!

Mile 6: Hot-- please take this!
Next challenge-- Capital of Texas 10K 3/25 (excited to see how fast I can do 6 miles) and Big D Texas Marathon ( right now doing today x2 seems like a large hurdle to jump with my short legs-- but 13.1 seemed that way not so  long ago)

Here's some pics from today! One mile at a time (or .25 mile at a time as was the case today for the last few miles!)---

Mile 7: It's blurry because I'm fast :)

Mile 13- Glad this isn't a close up--- it would not be pretty
Mile 13.1-- Thank you JESUS!  

Best husband ever!


Endorphines--- Yes Please!

1 comment:

  1. Your are soo "TOUGH"! You and Cory both! Loved being with you and so thankful to be your friend! Run on...!!!

    ReplyDelete